Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Welcome to Healthy Life by Skidz Wife

Welcome to Healthy Life by Skidz Wife! 
My name is Jamie and I am about to embark on my journey as a health coach. I am hoping to get healthier physically, mentally, and spiritually in 2016. Do you want to join with me on this ride?
A little about my journey so far......
I have always been what I call "skinny fat." I am that girl that you love to hate. The one with the good genes who can eat mostly what she wants and still remain small.
But, I have a ton of unhealthy family history (high blood pressure, cardiac disease, diabetes, stroke, heart attacks, high cholesterol....just to name a few) that has really made me want to change my life for the better so that I can be around to enjoy my children's lives AND be a more active participant in them.
So what is a health coach?
Here is a definition for you.....
Health Coach is a wellness authority and supportive mentor who motivates individuals to cultivate positive health choices. Health Coaches educate and support clients to achieve their health goals through lifestyle and behavior adjustments. Proper health coach training programs and health coach certification ensure that Health Coaches know how to work with diverse groups of people and equips them with the tools necessary to best fit the needs of their clients.
“The primary objectives of health coaching are to educate the patient regarding self health management and to encourage patients in taking a more proactive role in staying healthy.”-Medical Economics, Nov 2010
As more and more awareness is given to preventative care, health coaching is seen as a vital aspect of creating healthy lifestyle changes.  Health Coaches are becoming recognized as essential and integral parts of people’s health and wellbeing.  Not only is there a shift to live healthier lives, people are finding that helping others become healthier makes their lives better too. 
http://www.integrativenutrition.com/career/healthcoaching

So stay tuned and I hope that you join me along the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment